Monday, January 31, 2011

A "Poo Poo" Poem

This is the tale of three tots who were all tucked in
But then started to make quite a loud din
To the room I rushed as they giggled with glee
And what to my wondering eyes did I see?

Three little fellas bouncing up and down
No longer wearing pjs and acting like clowns
Their clothes were off, thrown to the floor
Little did I know what was in store.

On the ground with their pajamas were their blankies and their toys
Chattering and laughing were my little boys
"I have POO POO!" exclaimed one and then another
As each pointed a finger at another brother.

They were still wearing onesies so I wasn't too alarmed
In fact they were cute, working their boyish charms.
I took the first guy out and changed his diaper quickly
When suddenly I noticed something that looked rather sickly.

It was another little fella with a smudge under his eye
"What do we have here?" I thought as I picked up the little guy.
"Poo poo!" he said as he grinned from ear to ear
And I let out a howl that I'm surprised you didn't hear.

"POO POO!" he once more shouted, quite proud of what he'd done
As I wondered once again "who ever said motherhood was fun?!"
"Oh SH*T!" I thought to myself as I took a closer look...
It was under his nails, on his arms and legs and stuck in every nook.

It was on the crib, on the sheets, on the changing table too,
This was not the night I had in mind, I don't mind telling you!
After a bath and a stern little chat back to bed my boy did go,
I think he was bragging to his brothers but I suppose I'll never know.

I do know this and I'm not afraid to admit it,
These guys are really funny -- even when covered in sh*t!  

No comments: