Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recipe for a snow day

Is it just me or has this January had more snow days than school days?!  I know that there are some solid meterological explanations for the record-setting snowfalls but, after eavesdropping on some kids at the bus stop yesterday, I think there may be more to it.  Namely, I think our local grammar schoolers have come up with a fool-proof recipe for a snow day.  There are four simple steps:
  1. Flush an ice cube down the toilet
  2. Put a spoon under your pillow
  3. Wear your pajamas inside out
  4. Do a snow dance (Note:  this is a free form dance event; no scripted steps.  I know because I asked the six year old in charge for specifics!)
Based on last night's snow dance performance and dutiful following of the recipe above, I can attest that it seems to work!  We got the call today at 5:30AM:  School is cancelled!  SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!  Hurray!

No comments: