Tuesday, October 14, 2008

29 Weeks: Update from the Lyons Den

Hi there,
Just thought I share the latest on the Littlest Lyons Cubs... I'm almost 29 weeks and continue to be grateful that the little guys are still on the inside. That said, as grateful as I am, I'm also getting to be a bit grumpy... a fact to which I'm sure poor Des will attest! I must say, it's hard not to be just a bit grumpy and grouchy when life's simplest tasks become either painful, impossible. or both... a few examples include: sleeping, bending over, rolling over, standing up, walking and, forgive me for oversharing but, even getting dressed and undressed... not a pretty sight!
Well, that wasn't really about the little guys at all, was it?! Enough about me... we were really relieved to visit the doctor last week and find out that the three little ones are all in good health. The trips passed a "non stress test" with flying colors and, here's an interesting fact for you to consider... for women who are pregnant with one baby (cutely referred to as a "singleton"), the average weight for that one baby at 28 weeks would be 2 pounds, 4 ounces. Now consider this: at 28 weeks, our very own Baby A weighed in at 2 pounds, 12 ounces, Baby B weighed in at 2 pounds, 8 ounces and Baby C was also ahead of the curve at 2 pounds, 6 ounces! Amazing, huh? Very good for them... not so good for my overall physique but, c'est la vie!
In other news, we ironically spent two Friday nights in a row at New York Presbyterian... our second visit wasn't nearly as dramatic and traumatic as the first. Several gallons of fluids and several hours in the triage area were all it took to get the contractions (a.k.a. my "irritable uterus") back under control. Des and I are pleased to report that we were able to reverse the trend and this past Friday, did NOT have a date night at the hospital... although, sadly, we didn't have a date night at all... we'll have to work on that! In any case, on our second visit we really got to know the Friday night nurses and, dare I say, actually had a few good laughs about the "free refills" and "all you can drink" benefits of the Friday visits... water pitchers, of course! And, as the hours dragged on, we contemplated putting the monitor on Des' belly instead of my own too see if his hunger pangs would register on the monitor... it may not sound funny to you but at the time, we were hysterical -- which, of course, only resulted in me having a contraction and ultimately, laughing the monitor off my large belly... oh well, at least we're still laughing!
Speaking of laughter, it is often the sound we hear coming from Liam and Ciara's room long after lights out... they moved in together just over a week ago and are still getting used to it. While the jolly ruckus they create isn't nearly as charming at 11PM as it is at 8PM, we're hopeful that in a few weeks time they'll be back on their regular schedule... as in asleep BEFORE me and Des!
Hope this finds you all well...
Love,
Kerry :)

No comments: