Tuesday, October 14, 2008

32 Weeks: Q: What do the Littlest Lyons Cubs and the Energizer Bunny have in common?

A. Still going!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, I cant' quite believe it but, here it is, September 14th and the littlest Lyons Cubs are still snug as bugs in their very own Lyons Den... i.e. the huge protrusion that has replaced my formerly slim physique!!
As some of you will recall, all along we have been hoping that I/we could make it to 32 weeks. And, not that I'm counting or anything but, I'm now at 32 weeks and 4 days and frankly, I'm feeling like I would have been happy to meet these little guys just about 4 days ago!!! At Thursday's intensive lineup of doctors appointments, we discovered that...
Baby A weighs 4 lbs, 8 oz
Baby B weighs 3 lbs, 14 oz
Baby C weighs 3 lbs, 15 oz
On the upside, all three of them continue to be overachievers, weighing in above the norm for 32 weeks. On the downside, I am still lugging them all around and I must say, it is starting to take its toll on me!! I know I've moaned a bit in past notes about sleepless nights and chronic discomfort... I must say, that was nothing compared to the way I'm feeling now... which is not the least bit surprising given that I am now carrying well over 12 pounds of baby!!
Poor Des, of course, isn't getting any sleep either ... and, on top of that, he has to deal with my semi-serious suggestion that he locate a 12 pound watermelon, attach it to his midriff with duct tape and then try to trot up and down our stairs, climb in and out of the shower, and then roll over a few times... good luck Des! The poor man...
Liam and Ciara continue to be just great -- Liam in particular looks forward to meeting his little brothers and is curious to know "how is the doctor going to break your belly open to get those babies out Mom?" Good question Liam...
Thank you all for your well wishes, phone calls and e-mails. I apologize that I'm not responding as quickly as usual these days... I just can't seem to do anything as quickly as usual these days! That said, I continue to be grateful to be here at home and not stuck in the hospital or on strict bedrest... I've learned to really appreciate the little things -- like simply being here to make pancakes with the kids this morning.
In terms of the gameplan from here, it's really just a waiting game... it is expected that I will go into labor in the next few weeks but if I don't, we scheduled a "date" with my doctor for Saturday, October 11th -- that really ought to make for an interesting week given that Ciara will turn 2 on Oct. 6th and our anniversary is Oct. 12th... never a dull moment! But, of course, I wouldn't have it any other way...
We'll be in touch just as soon as there is news to share... which, as you've likely gathered by now, I hope is sooner rather than later!
Love,
Kerry :)

No comments: