Tuesday, October 14, 2008

30 Weeks: The Littlest Lyons Cub....getting bigger by the day!

Hi there,
Just thought I'd share the latest news from the Lyons Den...
Our little Lyons cubs are bigger by the day and needless to say, so am I! Strangers on the street can't help but stare while silently proclaiming "Wow" as they pass by with their eyes glued to my oversized belly. Then are the ones who feel compelled to share their thoughts and reactions...
"Wow! How overdue are you?!"
"Doesn't your back hurt?"
"There's gotta be more than one in there, right?"
And, my all time favorite "Better you than me!"
There's also a fair amount of unsolicited belly-touching but, since more often than not these friendly gropes are accompanied by a prayer or blessing or both, I just gratefully and gracefully accept them... we can use all the prayers we can get and so far, they seem to be working!
After several doctor's appointments yesterday, I'm pleased to let you know that yours truly and the "trips" are all doing well. Very well, in fact. Each of the Lyons cubs continues to be above average in terms of their weight at 30 weeks... the largest of them all is Baby A, currently weighing in at 3 pounds, 7 ounces -- the 71st percentile -- not too shabby! Following closely behind, Baby B weighs in at 3 pounds, 1 ounce and Baby C is 3 pounds, 3 ounces. Now, if you've done the math, you realize that I'm lugging around close to 10 pounds of baby... which leads me to the following answers to the aforementioned questions from strangers:
"Not due yet and cant' believe I'm still standing up!"
"YES!!!!!!!!! It's killing me! So, could you please move out of my way and let me by?!"
"You betcha!"
"Well, with an attitude like that, I suppose it is better me than you!!!"
When I asked my doctor when we can actually expect these guys to arrive, she surprised me by saying "after you go into labor." Huh. I couldn't help but point out that despite having two children, I've really never gone into labor but, she had a pretty quick retort..."Well, you know when you were here for pre-term labor a month ago? It will feel like that, but worse. And you will call me and get here as fast as you can and then your little guys will be born." Aaaahhhhh... so that's how it works!
So, it looks like I won't be able to pencil a date on the calendar and will just continue my many home organizational projects (aka driving Des crazy!) until the big moment arrives. We're getting really excited to meet our littlest Lyons cubs and are truly grateful that I've made it to 30 weeks. We expect that this wondrous event called labor will kick in for real in the next 2-3 weeks... hopefully not during this Labor Day Weekend, which I hope you all thoroughly enjoy!
All the best to all of you and thanks for your continued prayers and support!
Love,
Kerry :)

No comments: